Policies & Important Information
THE STUDIO WILL BE CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING DATES: 2018-2019
December 22nd – January 2nd Holiday Recess
February 18th-24th – Winter Break
April 20th- 26th – Spring Recess
May 27th – Memorial Day
- No student should be in the studio unless enrolled in that particular class.
- Students should be dressed and prepared for class before it begins. NO JEWELRY.
- Please change into dance shoes before class.
- No food or drinks of any kind are allowed in the studio with the exception of water.
- Parents should not leave young students unattended in the waiting area before or after class.
- Chewing gum is never allowed in the dance studios.
- Always treat your teacher and fellow classmates with respect.
The studio will not necessarily close for snow days, regardless if area schools are closed. If in doubt, call the studio before coming to class on the given day for a recorded message. If classes are canceled, it will air on our answering machine.
Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. Students should be prompt and prepared for class.
Dance Wear is required for all classes. Students must wear comfortable form fitting dance attire to display proper body alignment and allow for easy movement. NO baggy t-shirts, baggy pants, blue jeans, jewelry or other inappropriate attire will be allowed. Hair should always be securely pulled away from the face.
TODDLERS: Pink Leotard, Pink skirt, ballet shoes, and tutu of your choice.
BALLET: Pink or black leotard, nude tights and pink ballet shoes, skirts, wraps, shorts over tights are allowed.
JAZZ: Appropriate dance wear such as black jazz pants, black shorts, black leotards, sports bras or a black form fitting tank top and black or nude jazz shoes
LYRICAL/CONTEMPORARY: Form fitting, comfortable attire and lyrical shoes (foot undies)
HIP HOP: Sneakers and comfortable clothing. Express yourself!
MODERN: Form fitting attire. (barefoot or foot undies)